For birthdays and celebrations, food is always important. Because you want to make sure you have enough and that you offer a nice selection. For example, on birthdays in the Netherlands, grandma’s always make several snacks. Easy to make, quickly done & surprising! You will love a selection of the snacks with your favorite local beer, wine or liquor. For example; these cheese twisters. Looking for more inspiration? You can press here to see other ideas for the snack platter!
- Puff Pastry
- Cheese like young/matured cheese
- 1 Egg
- Black Pepper freshly grounded
- Preheat your oven on 180 degrees Celsius or 356 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut the puff pastry in squares from 3cm x 7cm or 1.18 x 2.75 inches.
- Whisk the egg and blush the top side of the puff pastry squares.
- Sprinkle over some grated cheese and black pepper.
- Turn the pastry square into a twister by turning one side upside down.
- Brush the new top side as well with some egg.
- Bake off for about 10 minutes in the preheated oven.