Inspired on the American Reuben Sandwich, I made this toasted sandwich with thinly sliced venison steak, drained sauerkraut, cheese & spicy mustard. To create some creaminess, I topped the sandwich with a sunny side up egg. Delicious lunch right?
Toasted Sandwich, Venison Steak & Sauerkraut
- Frying Pan
- Frying Pan
- Chopping Board
- 2 slices Bread
- 25 gram Butter
- Few thin slices Venison Steak
- Some Sauerkraut
- 5 slices Cheese like Morbier Cheese
- 2 tbsp Spicy Mustard
- 1 Egg
- Some Basil leaves
- Add half of the butter to the frying pan. Toast the slices of bread, on one side, in half of the butter until crisp and golden brown.
- Turn the slices of bread on the other side. Top one of the slices of bread with morbier cheese, drained sauerkraut, slices of venison meat, more cheese & spicy mustard. Then add the other slice of bread, with crispy side on the inside.
- Toast the sandwich in the rest of the butter until golden brown & crispy. Add the lid to the frying pan (at the end) to make sure that the cheese melts.
- When your frying pan is big enough, you can fry the egg sunny side up next to the toasted sandwich. Otherwise, fry the egg in another pan.
- Serve the toasted sandwich with the egg and fresh basil leaves.