Looking for another burger recipe? This venison burger is a great option if you looking for something new! The saltiness of the samphire, creaminess of melted camembert and fresh blackberry jam are a match made in heaven with venison/deer.
For this recipe I used the venison & samphire burger from ‘het Zeeuwse Hert’, a farm in Zeeland (Southwest of the Netherlands). However, you can also make the burger yourself by mixing 150 gram of venison meat with 50 gram of finely chopped samphire.
Venison Burger with Camembert & Blackberry Jam
- Oven or Grill
- Frying Pan
- Cutting Board
- 2 Bowl
- 2 Buns I used gluten-free buns, but you can use any of your choice
- 4 tbsp Mayonnaise
- Lots of Freshly Crushed Black Pepper
- 1 large Tomato
- Some Pickles
- 2 Venison Burgers
- 50 gram Camembert Cheese or Brie
- 3 tsp Homemade Blackberry Jam
Pickled Red Onion
- ½ Red Onion
- 3 tbsp Vinegar
- Pinch of Salt
- Preheat an oven or grill pan so you can toast the buns until goldenbrown.
- Remove the outerlayer of the red onion and cut it in thin slices. Add to a bowl with the vinegar and a pinch of salt. Let it marinate for at least 10 minutes.
- Mix the mayonnaise and black pepper in a small bowl.
- Cut the tomato, pickles and camembert in slices. Also clean the lettuce and chop in large pieces.
- Take the venison burgers and smash them a few times until you have thinner/bigger burgers.
- Pour some olive oil in the frying pan. Once the pan is hot, you can add the burgers.
- Once the buns are toasted, you can add the mayonnaise. Spread this evenly, whereafter you can add the pickles and some red onion slices. Top with the tomato!
- Then flip the burgers to the other side. Divide the camembert on the baked side and close the pan with a lid. Bake the other side of the burgers for about 2 minutes.
- Top the slice of tomato with a venison burger, which is topped with melted cheese. Add about 2 teaspoons of jam, the lettuce leaves and the top of the bun. Enjoy!