These delicious moist brownies are fudgy in the middle and crispy on top. By adding some freshly grated raw beets, the brownies stay soft. Since the brownies are quite sweet, a fresh raspberry sauce will taste great with it!
No flaxseeds? You can also use 2 eggs instead. In that case, you can leave out the oat milk too.
Moist & Chewy Beet Brownies
- Non-Stick Traybake/Brownie Tin (7.8×7.8inches or 20x20cm)
- Sauce pan
- Non-stick Baking Paper
- Ice Cream Scooper
- Deep Plate
- 100 gram Raw Beet ⅔ cup of grated raw beet
- ½ tsp Cornstarch
- 300 gram Brown Sugar 1 ½ cup
- 80 gram Whole Wheat Flour 1 cup
- 80 gram Raw Cacao Powder ¾ cup
- 1 tbsp Instant Coffee
- 150 gram Coconut Oil (or butter or canola oil): ¾ cup
- 2 tbsp Flaxseeds
- 100 ml Oat Milk ½ cup
- Pinch of Salt
- Pinch of Chili Flakes
- Yoghurt Ice Cream or vegan ice cream
- 125 gram Raspberries 1 cup (+ some extra)
- ½ Lemon
- 1 tbsp Powdered Sugar or more to taste
- Preheat the oven on 170 degrees Celsius or 338 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add the flaxseeds to the oat milk and let it stand for 5 minutes.
- Melt the coconut oil in a small pan on a low heat.
- Use a vegetable peeler to peel the raw beet. Then grate the beets above a bowl.
- Slightly butter the baking tin and place a non-stick baking paper in there. This will help to remove the brownie from the tin later.
- Add the cornstarch, sugar, flour, cacao and instant coffee to another bowl. Mix all these dry ingredients. You can also add a pinch of salt and some chili flakes.
- Pour the melted coconut oil in the boil of the grated beet. Add the flaxseed/oat milk mixture to this as well. Mix it all together.
- Then mix the bowl with dry ingredients with the bowl of wet ingredients. Once mixed, you can pour the batter in the brownie tin.
- Bake the brownies for about 35-45 minutes in the preheated oven. Let them cool down completely before taking them out of the tin.
- Let's make a quick raspberry sauce! Add the raspberries to a deep plate and smush them with a fork. Add the lemon juice and powdered sugar. Mix it all until you have a smooth sauce! You can use a blender or food processor for this as well.
- Serve the brownie with the ice cream, fresh raspberries and the sauce!