Honey Mustard is a beloved combination in the Netherlands. Therefore I made this healthy quinoa salad with homemade dressing! Delicious! This quinoa salad is a great healthy option for throughout the week. Preferring this salad vegan? Replace the honey with agave syrup and leave out the feta cheese. Easy switch 😉
Quinoa Salad with Honey Mustard
- 2 Cooking Pot
- 100 gram Quinoa
- 2 Carrots
- ½ Broccoli
- 10 Cherry Tomatoes
- 3 Spring Onions
- Some Feta Cheese
- Some Hazelnuts
Honey Mustard Dressing
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 8 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Mustard
- 1 tbsp Honey
- Cut the carrots in slices and the broccoli in pieces. For this recipe we can also use the stalk of the broccoli. Just be aware that the stalk, depending on size of the sliced pieces, takes more cooking time than the florets. Cut the cherry tomatoes in half and the spring onions into small pieces.
- Cook the quinoa in 300 ml water for about 12 minutes on a low heat.
- Bring a small layer of water to a boil in another pot. Add the pieces of the stalk (of the broccoli) first. Let these cook for 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, you can crumble the feta cheese and chop the hazelnuts.
- Then add the carrots and broccoli florets and cook it for another 3 minutes.
- Drain the vegetables and let them cool.
- Add all ingredients for the dressing to a bowl. Mix it by stirring with a whisk. Taste the dressing and bring it up to your taste. You can still add more mustard, honey, salt and pepper 🙂
- Mix the quinoa, vegetables, feta and hazelnuts in a bowl. Mix the dressing and quinoa once you are going to serve the salad. Enjoy!