Sometimes I eat this oat crumble as breakfast. However you can also eat the crumble as dessert! In that case, serve your freshly-baked crumble with a few scoops of ice cream. I topped the ice cream with some local honey. For this crumble, you can use any type of fruit. So feel free to use your seasonal favorite!
Strawberry & Rhubarb Oat Crumble
- Cast Iron Skillet
- 300 gram Rhubarb or rhubarb sauce
- 300 gram Strawberries
- 100 gram Rolled Oats
- 2 tbsp Sunflower Seeds
- 1 tbsp Lineseed optional
- 3 tbsp Honey
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Ice Cream
- Clean the rhubarb stalks and strawberries. Chop both of the fruits in thin slices or small cubes.
- Preheat the oven on 180 degrees Celsius or 355 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add all the topping ingredients to the mixing bowl. Mix until all oats are covered with oil and honey. Personally, I love to add a pinch of salt too (to enhance the sweetness of the topping).
- Put all the fruits in the skillet and top with the oat mixture.
- Bake the crumble for about 30-40 minutes. When the oats are getting brown on top (halfway), I use a fork to mix the oats on top. This will not only make sure the topping bakes evenly, but also ensures crispiness of the topping.
- Do you have a sweet tooth? Serve the crumble with some additional honey! I love ice cream so I topped the crumble with a few scoops of vanilla ice cream : )