Fresh summer peas are only available for a very short time. So whenever I spot them on the Farmers’ Market, I directly buy them! Since I love the flavor of the peas, I decided not to go crazy with spices. This soup is made with just a few ingredients to really highlight the peas.
Summer Pea Soup
- Cooking Pot
- Blender // Food Processor
- 1 Onion
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 30 gram Butter
- 200 ml White Wine
- 800 ml Vegetable Stock
- 500 gram Summer Peas about 1,5 kg fresh summer peas
- 200 ml Cream
- Parsley optional
- Summer Peas
- Some Pea Shoots
- Let's remove the summer peas out of their pods! You can easily unzip the pods by tearing the stem backwards.
- Time to cut the onion in slices!
- Melt the butter in the cooking pot and caramelize the onion in this.
- Then add the white wine, the bay leaf, the stock and summer peas. Bring everything to a boil and let it cook for 8 minutes. Once cooked, take out a few peas to keep separate for the decoration.
- Remove the bay leaf and add the cream to soup. If you like to add some parsley, feel free to add it. Blend the soup until smooth!
- Have a taste and feel free to add any additional seasonings.
- Serve the soup with some summer peas and the pea shoots.