A healthier take on the traditional mushroom soup: blended with Jerusalem Artichokes! I love the combination of these two vegetables. Because it is a great balance between savory & creamy. The roasted mushrooms add savory and umami flavor, while the Jerusalem Artichokes add some creaminess to the soup.
Jerusalem Artichokes & Chestnut Mushrooms Soup
- Cooking Pot
- Frying Pan
- Blender // Food Processor
- 600 gram Jerusalem Artichokes
- 250 gram Chestnut Mushrooms
- 4 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Onion
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 3 tbsp Madeira
- 1 liter Vegetable Stock
- Olive Oil
- Clean the mushrooms and Jerusalem Artichokes.
- Cut the onion in rings, the garlic in slices, mushrooms in quarters and the Jerusalem Artichokes in small pieces.
Let's get cooking
- Add half of the olive oil to the cooking pot and the other half to the frying pan. Bake the onions and garlic in the cooking pot until soft. In the meantime, you can cook the mushrooms in the frying pan until golden brown.
- Once the onions are glossy, you can add the Jerusalem Artichokes, the bay leaf and vegetable stock. Bring this to a boil and let it cook for 20 minutes.
- Keep a few mushrooms on the side for the decoration, and add the rest to the cooking pot. Time to add the Madeira as well!
- Let the soup cook for another 10 minutes.
Blend & Serve
- Blend the soup until smooth. You can add a splash of water to get the thickness you like! Don't forget to taste the soup and to add any additional seasonings.
- Serve the soup with the cooked mushrooms, Microgreens and a drizzle olive oil!