When I was living in Atlanta, I loved to have these pancakes for breakfast. Whenever I eat these pancakes, I directly get transported to the States. However, this time I will bring my favorite Dutch ‘Stroop’ with me as well..
I love to serve these pancakes with Dutch ‘Stroop’, hazelnuts and banana slices. However, feel free to personalize the pancakes to your favorite flavor combinations!
American Pancakes & Dutch ‘Stroop’
- Frying Pan
- 500 ml Buttermilk
- 270 gram Flour
- 2 Eggs
- 16 gram Vanilla Sugar
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- Handful of Blueberries
- 2 tbsp Flour
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- ½ tsp Ginger Powder
- ½ Lemon
- Chopped Hazelnuts
- Dutch 'Stroop'
- Mix all the ingredients for the basic recipe, the cinnamon and ginger powder. Grate some lemon zest in the batter.
- If you like to add any blueberries, or another type of fruit, make sure they are clean and dry. To prevent the fruit from sinking in the batter, you can lightly coat the fruits with some flour. Once the fruits are completely coated with a thin layer of flour, you can add the fruits to the batter.
- Let the batter rest for about 30 minutes on room temperature.
Baking the Pancakes
- Heat your frying pan on a medium-high heat. Once your pan is hot, you can add a knob of butter. Melted? Time to bake your pancakes!
- Once the bottom of the pancake is brown and crispy, and bubbles are appearing on the surface, you can turn the pancake on the other side. Bake about 12 pancakes from this batter.
- Serve the pancakes with Dutch 'Stroop', chopped hazelnuts and banana slices!