One of my favorite comfort food dishes: tortellini! Whenever I can, I buy my tortellini in an Italian specialty store. However, (fresh) pasta from the supermarket is also a great option.
My favorite cheese for this Dutch Cheese Sauce is ‘Beemster’ cheese. The ‘Beemster’ cows graze on the Beemster Polder, an area near Purmerend. This polder has a clay soil which gives the grass a specific salty flavor. Moreover this polder is part of the World Heritage collection!
Tortellini & Dutch Cheese Sauce
- Cooking pan
- Baking pan
- 250 gram Fresh Tortellini
- 1 clove Garlic
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 200 ml Cream
- 120 gram Dutch Cheese like Beemster Cheese
- Cress optional
- Add a large amount of salted water to the cooking pan. Bring this to a boil.
- You can also grate the cheese, and cut the clove of garlic in slices.
Cooking the pasta
- Once the water is cooking, you can cook the pasta following the package instructions.
Making the cheese sauce
- Bake the garlic in the olive oil.
- Then add the cream and 2/3 of the grated cheese. Mix this on a low heat until you have a creamy cheese sauce.
- Drain the cooked pasta and add it, with the rest of the cheese, to the cheese sauce. Mix this until the cheese is melted.
- Serve the pasta with freshly ground black pepper & cress (or microgreens)!