I love homemade egg salad! These salads are so easy to make, and, in my opinion, tastier than the supermarket version. In order to make this a spicy egg salad, I added Sambal. Sambal is an Indonesian chili paste, which comes in great flavors. For example, some sambals have added shrimp paste, lemon, ginger or palm sugar. However, if you can’t buy any sambal near you, substitute it for harissa or another chili paste.
This dish is made with the seaweed nacho’s of Seamore, a Dutch business which makes delicious food items of seaweed. They sell among other things, these seaweed nacho’s! Just as delicious as regular nachos but more sustainable and nutritious. The bag of chips contains about 50 grams of seaweed, which results in a high jodium content. Press here to go to their Instagram page!
Seaweed Nacho’s & Homemade Spicy Egg Salad
- Cooking pan
- 3 Eggs
- 2 tbsp Mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Sambal or another chili paste
- Cress optional
- Seaweed Nacho's of SeaMore
- Add the eggs to the cooking pan, and cover them with water. Bring this to a boil. Whenever small bubbles appear on the surface, you can turn down the heat to a low/medium level.
- Cook the eggs for 8 minutes, and then directly drain them under cold water.
Making the salad
- Peel the eggs, chop them in small pieces and add them to a bowl.
- Add the mayonnaise, sambal and some salt & pepper. Mix until you have a creamy egg salad. Depending on the size of the eggs, you may need to add extra mayonnaise.
- Serve the nacho's with the egg salad & cress.