To me, sorrel and eggs are a match made in heaven! Sorrel has a slightly tart taste which combines beautifully with the creamy eggs. However, you can replace the sorrel with spinach or fresh herbs and a splash of lemon juice.
This breakfast dish is made with the seaweed wraps of SeaMoreFood, a Dutch business which makes delicious food items of seaweed. Just as delicious as regular wraps but more sustainable and nutritious. The wraps are made with wakame en himanthalia seaweed. Due to these superfoods in the wraps, these wraps contain more fiber, magnesium, manganese and protein than regular wraps. To me, that’s a great food switch!
Sorrel Omelet & Seaweed Wrap
- Non-stick Baking Pan
- 1 Wraps product of Seamore
- 2 Eggs
- Hand of Sorrel fresh herbs or spinach
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Sea Bacon product of Seamore
- Cut the sorrel in small pieces and the cherry tomatoes in half.
- Add the eggs to the bowl, and add the sorrel, salt & pepper. Use a fork to mix everything.
- Place the non-stick baking pan on the heat, and add a few tablespoons of olive oil. Then you can add the egg mixture.
- Stir the egg mixture around until it starts to thicken. Bake the omelet on a medium-low heat, until the bottom is completely cooked and the top is still a little wet. Not too liquid though.
- Place the wrap on the omelet and turn the omelet. Do you like a soft wrap? Then your omelet is ready. However do you prefer a crispy wrap? In that case, you can bake the wrap until crisp.
- In the meanwhile, you can bake the sea bacon in some olive oil for about 30 seconds.
- Serve the wrap with tomatoes, sea bacon and extra herbs/spinach. Enjoy!