This recipe gives you the guidelines of how to make the mayonnaise in the blender! By making the mayonnaise in the blender, the sauce becomes lighter and fresher. To make sure the mayonnaise works out perfectly, the products need to be on room temperature. I love my dipping sauce with curry & chili paste. However, you can adjust the seasonings to your liking. For example, you can add garlic or onion powder, fresh herbs or mustard.
Homemade Mayonnaise & Vegetables
- 1 Egg
- 1 tbsp Mustard
- 2 tbsp Vinegar
- 240 ml Olive Oil
- 240 ml Sunflower Oil
Flavorings (for about ¾cup of Mayonnaise)
- 1 tbsp Curry Powder
- 1 tsp Chili Paste
- Chopped Chives
- Bell Pepper
- Seasonal Vegetables
- Measure all the ingredients, and set-up your food processor with a blade.
- Add the egg and mustard to your food processor, and blend this until mixed.
- While the machine is running, you can pour in the olive oil (very slowly) in a thin stream.
- When all the olive oil is incorporated, you can add the vinegar and mix again.
- Then while the machine is on, you can slowly pour in the sunflower oil, salt & pepper.
- *When your mayonnaise is curdled, you can add an extra egg yolk. Mix the mayonnaise again, and it will be good to go again!
- The flavorings I listed are for about ¾ cup of mayonnaise. However, you can dress up the mayonnaise as you like. Add your favorite herbs, spices or spice mixes & enjoy with vegetables.
- Keep the rest of the mayonaise in clean jars for about a week.