Eating more sustainable or finding ways to eat more sustainable are crucial these upcoming years. Because of more people on this planet and the climate change, it’s important to be aware of sustainable cooking.
When I was at the World Food Center, thé future food development place to be, I met Christiaan. He is one of the co-owners of the company called Microgreens Holland. The goal of Microgreens is to provide an ingredient which grows quickly and has high nutritional values. To me a great challenge to create a wonderful dish with this! And to be honest, after I made this picture, the plate was empty within 5 minutes..
Pasta, Creamy Cheese & Red Cabbage Microgreens
- Cooking pan
- 250 gram Cherry Tomatoes
- 160 gram Spaghetti
- 250 ml Cream
- 140 gram Your Favorite Grated Cheese like Gouda, Boerenkaas or Remeker
- 1 Red Cabbage Microgreens
- Preheat your oven on 180 degrees Celsius or 356 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Bring a big amount of salted water to the boil to cook the pasta in later.
- Roast the tomatoes in the oven for 30-40 minutes.
- When the water is cooking, you can add the pasta. Cook the pasta al dente, so it still has a bite. It depends on your type of pasta, but for dried pasta this should take about 8 minutes.
- To make the creamy cheese sauce, you can add the cream and cheese to the saucepan. Let the cheese melt in the cream and then turn off the heat. Keep the sauce warm by closing the pan with a lid. When cooking the sauce for too long it could curdle, therefore it is important not to overcook the sauce.
Getting everything together
- Drain the pasta and add the spaghetti to the cheese sauce. Heat the dish on a low heat for a short time so everything comes together.
- Serve the pasta with the roasted tomatoes & microgreens.