During the Autumn season there is a great variety of wild meat available. I don’t eat meat often, but when I do it needs to worth it. However, autumn season is one of those moments a year that I love to eat meat. In the Netherlands we have Wild Boar, Venison, Pheasant or Partridge. They all have specific flavors which gives you great opportunities for delicious dishes. This dish is made with cured meat of wild boar. Due to its fat content, the sliced meat crisps up very easily. Delicious!
Toast Scrambled Eggs & Crispy Wild Boar Sausage
- Baking pan
- Baking pan
- 1 slice Bread
- 2 Eggs
- 60 gram Dry-Cured Wild Boar Sausage or another type of dry sausage
- Some Spring Onion
- Place the slice of bread in the toaster, or grill it until toasted in a (grill)pan.
- Slice the sausage in small cubes, and some spring onion in slices.
- Add some olive oil to the baking pan and add the sausage. Bake these on a medium heat until brown and crispy.
- In the meanwhile, add the eggs to the other baking pan. Use a whisk to whip up the eggs while heating. When the eggs are foamy, leave it for 1 minute and whisk it again. In this way you get fluffy scrambled eggs without using any cream. However if you like, you can add any cream of course.
- Serve the bread with the eggs, sausage and spring onion. Have a good day!