One of the best low-carb autumn dishes: Spaghetti Squash. Extremely easy to make and delicious with aged cheese, fresh herbs, lemon and lemon zest. However, if you have another favorite pasta recipe, you can always replace the pasta with this squash pasta! Enjoy!
- Oven dish
- 2 Spaghetti Squash
- 6 tbsp Olive Oil
- ½ Lemon
- Some Aged Cheese like Texels Sheep Cheese or Parmesan
- Some fresh Herbs like parsley, basil or chives
- Chili Pepper optional
- Preheat your oven on 200 degrees Celsius or 392 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut the pumpkins in half, and remove the seeds. The easiest method is to scrape the core empty with a spoon.
- Brush the pumpkins with the olive oil, salt & pepper.
Let the magic begin..
- Bake the pumpkins, skin side up, for 45 minutes.
Time to serve!
- Use two forks to scrape out the cooked pumpkin.
- Mix the spaghetti (cooked pumpkin) with fresh chopped herbs, additional olive oil, lemon zest and juice, cheese and sliced chili pepper.
- Serve warm with extra cheese!