One of my favorite soup recipes: bell pepper & tomato. By roasting the bell pepper, the taste becomes just a little smoky. However, if you don’t like the smoky flavor, you can also bake the ingredients in a pan. This soup is full of fresh vegetables, and may be exactly what you need on a summer day.
Bell Pepper & Tomato Soup
- 1 bottle Passata 690 ml
- 400 ml Stock
- 6 Bell Peppers
- 2 Onions
- 2 Celery Sticks
- 4 Carrots
- 2 Bay Leaves
- Some Basil
- Some Cream
- Cut the onions, celery sticks and carrots in small cubes. Clean the bell peppers, remove the core and cut into quarters.
- Preheat the oven on 220 degrees Celsius or 428 degrees Fahrenheit.
Making the Soup
- Brush the bell peppers with some olive oil, salt & pepper and place in an oven dish. Grill these bell peppers for about 30 minutes.
- In the meanwhile, bake the onions, carrots and celery sticks in some olive oil.
- When glossy, add the passata, stock and bay leaves. Let it cook for at least 30 minutes.
- Take the skins of the bell peppers and add the bell peppers to the soup. Let the soup cook for another 30 minutes.
- Blend the soup until it has a smooth texture. Taste the soup to check if it needs any more seasoning.
- Serve the soup with cream and fresh basil leaves.