One of those things you don’t see often fresh or homemade anymore: Cream Puffs! It takes some exercise and time, but that you have these wonderful snacks! I used a Texels Sheep Cheese for this, however you could use another hard cheese like Old Amsterdam or Gruyere.
- Piping Bag
- Icing Piping Nozzle of 1cm // 0.39 inches
- 500 ml Milk
- 120 gram Butter
- 250 gram Flour
- 7 Eggs
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 100 gram Grated Cheese – use a hard cheese for this like Texels Sheep Cheese or Old Amsterdam
- Pinch of Salt
- Bring the milk and butter to the boil.
- When it start to boil; add the flour and keep stirring with a wooden spoon. Keep stirring until there is a ball of dough in the pan. Dry bake this for about 4 minutes while stirring.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the eggs per piece. Keep stirring after the addition of an egg and make sure it mixes with the dough. When the egg is incorporated in the dough, you can add the next egg.
- Then add the grated cheese and ¼tsp of salt to the dough and mix it.
- Add the 1 cm, or 0.39 inches, icing piping nozzle to a piping bag. Then add the puff mixture to the bag.
- Preheat the oven on 205 degrees Celsius or 401 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place baking paper on the baking sheet or lightly butter the baking tin. Then make about 60 small puffs. You could make bigger profiteroles as well. That is up to you!
- Bake the puffs for about 20 minutes in the oven.
- Whenever the puffs have cooled, you can fill them with cream cheese and chives or other herbs!