Besides the risotto rice a real seasonal plate full of Dutch ingredients; for example the fresh summer corn, the Dutch shrimps & sheep cheese. The sheep cheese is from Texel, one of the islands in the north of the Netherlands. Whenever you are in the Netherlands, you should definitely schedule a trip there!
Dutch Shrimps, Sweet Corn & ‘Texels’ Sheep Cheese Risotto
- Baking pan
- 300 gram Risotto Rice
- 1 Onion
- 1 clove Garlic
- 250 ml Apple Cider
- 850 ml Stock
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 2 Corn
- 100 gram Dutch Shrimps
- 70 gram 'Texels' Scheep Cheese + extra for serving
- Finely chop the onion and garlic.
- Heat 2 tbsp of olive oil in a cooking pan and add the onion and garlic. Cook until the onion and garlic are glossy.
- Add the risotto rice and make sure to keep stirring. Whenever the rice grains are shining, add the apple cider.
- Then add the stock soupspoon by soupspoon. Make sure you are stirring in the rice mixture continuously (in order to get the rice evenly cooked)
- In the meanwhile, cut the corn of the cob, grate the 'Texels' Sheep Cheese and cut some spring onion is thin slices. You can add the corn directly to the risotto.
- When all liquid is added, taste the rice. If the rice is still undercooked, you can add a bit more liquid. Otherwise, you can add the butter and grated cheese to the risotto.
- When you're ready to serve; add the shrimp on top of the risotto. Add the spring onion slices and some extra cheese.