Gazpacho is one of those dishes great for lunches, bbq’s or picknicks. Moreover gazpachos are a great way to use also the more ‘ugly’ fruits. Most of the time, these strawberries of tomatoes are low priced, but are still packed with flavor. The addition of strawberries to this dish adds some extra fruitiness and sweetness.
- 500 gram Strawberries
- 1 Tomato about 120 grams
- 2 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 60 gram Cucumber
- 60 gram Bell Pepper
- 10 leaves Basil
- ½ clove Garlic
- 1 Egg
- Puff Pastry
- Some Cheese
- Preheat your oven on 180 degrees Celsius or 356 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Whisk the egg the a small bowl so the egg yolk & white are nicely mixed. Then brush the puff pastry with some egg and grate over some cheese. If you like, you can add some black pepper as well.
- Cut the puff pastry in your preferred shape and size and place on a baking sheet. Then bake the puff pastries in the oven for about 10 minutes or until brown & golden.
- Clean the strawberries and cut them in half. Also cut the tomato in about 4 pieces.
- Blend the strawberries, tomato, vinegar and oil until it has a smooth consistency.
- Season with a bit of salt and freshly crushed black pepper.
- Cut the cucumber and bell pepper in equally sized cubes. Add these to a bowl.
- Cut the basil leaves very fine and add those to the bowl as well. Then use a grater to grate a bit of garlic in the salsa. Taste it and check if you want to add some salt & pepper.
Time to serve
- Add the gazpacho to a glass, add the salsa and serve with the cheese stick!