Fresh corn is so versatile; you can grill it, bake it, fry it or make a soup of it! I love the sweet flavor of the corn with cream and basil. This is a very easy recipe, however the dish has texture, creaminess, umami, sweetness and fresh herbs! Having friends coming over for dinner? Try this as starter!
Creamy Corn Soup, Basil & Roasted Mushrooms
- Fine Sieve
- 2 Corn
- 100 ml Cream
- 450 ml Stock vegetable
- 1 Onion
- ¼ tsp Chili Flakes
- Some Thyme optional
- Few Basil Leaves
- 200 gram Mushrooms
- Cut the corn of the cob, and cut the onion in slices.
- Bake the onion in some olive oil brown and caramelized.
- Add the corn, chili, stock and cream and let the mixture cook for about 20 minutes.
- In the meanwhile, clean the mushrooms and bake them with the thyme in olive oil. Whenever the mushrooms are baked and brown, you can turn off the heat.
- Blend the corn soup until it has a smooth texture. Pour the soup through a fine sieve to take out any lumps. Then use the back of the soupspoon to press the liquid through the sieve.
- Place the mushrooms on the place and pour the soup next to it. Add some basil leaves to the mushrooms and your dish is ready to be served!