Recently, I saw the recipe for ‘Caviar on Toast’ in a vintage Dutch Cookbook. Since I love to eat vegetarian, I decided to restyle the recipe. I found this tomato caviar in my grocery store which was a great alternative to the regular caviar. Not just cheaper, also, in my perspective, more flavorful! It has a very concentrated sweet tomato flavor and explodes in your mouth. I love that sweet taste with the salt and crispy seaweed. This is really the perfect recipe for your weekend snack or birthday celebration!
Tomato Caviar on Toast
- 9 Toasts
- 1 jar Tomato Caviar
- 3 tbsp Butter plant-based
- Some Chives
- Some Crispy Seaweed from your local Asian Store (or homemade from nori sheets, sea salt flakes and sesame seeds)
- Pinch of Smoked Sea Salt Flakes
- Cut the chives and add mix with the butter.
Let's put it all together!
- Butter the toasts and add the tomato caviar to the toasts.
- Top off with the crispy seaweed and sea salt flakes.
Homemade Crispy Seaweed
- If you want to make your own crispy seaweed; cut the seaweed in smaller pieces. Melt some sunflower oil or coconut oil in a pan, and bake the seaweed. When they shrunk completely they are ready. This only takes about 2 minutes.