I love cake! However, sometimes I have this ‘healthy vibe’ and then I don’t want to eat lots of butter. So I made this cake with olive oil! Great way to still have a nice cake, but with better fats. I added some dried strawberries and vanilla extract. However, you can personalize these flavorings to your liking. Chocolate pieces, dried papaya or raisins and rum extract…
Healthier Strawberry Cake
- Cake Baking Tin
- 4 Eggs
- 180 gram Powdered Sugar
- 200 ml Olive Oil
- 200 gram Flour
- 2 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- Strawberry Flavoring or Dried Strawberries
- Preheat the oven on 160 degrees celsius or 320 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Whisk the eggs until they are looking like a light yellow meringue texture.
- Pour in the olive oil very slowly while whisking the eggs. Just to make sure the oil mixes well with the eggs.
- When you are using dried strawberries, or other dried fruits, you can cut the strawberries in small pieces. Toss them around in a bowl with some flour in order to get all the fruits covered with a thin layer. This will make sure the fruits don't move too much during the baking process.
- Then add the powdered sugar, extract, baking soda, lemon juice and flour. Mix with a spatula shortly. However, make sure all the lumps are out.
- Bake for 55 minutes in the oven. Let it cool down completely before cutting/eating it.. If you can..