Dutch people love smoked fish, and smoked salmon in particular. For example, sandwiches with smoked salmon, tortilla’s with smoked salmon or as a starter for the Christmas days. Are you giving a dinner party? This is a easy and quick recipe! You don’t have to cook anything and it will be ready within 5 minutes. For this recipe I used 100 gram of fish per person. However when you are serving multiple courses, you can adjust this amount to 50/60 gram.
Smoked Fish, Lemon & Pickled Onions
- 200 gram Smoked Fish like smoked salmon, halibut or trout
- ½ Lemon
- Some Samphire or dill
- Some Pickled Onions or other pickled vegetables
- Black Pepper
- Place the smoked fish on the plate.
- Add the dill or samphire, lemon zest and sprinkle over some lemon juice.
- Cut the pickled onions in half, and add those to the dish as well. If you don't have any pickled onions in-house, you can use pickled vegetables or quickly pickled onion. How? Cut 1 onion in thin slices, add 4 tbsp of vinegar, 1 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon sugar. Marinate for about 20 minutes!