Sea Lavender is one of those seasonal Dutch products I love. Because it has a salty flavor and it is easy to use in recipe due to the texture of spinach. So when you are able to buy some sea lavender, please do so! It is a sustainable green, which you can use to replace spinach in a lot of recipes. Have fun cooking!
Pasta, Creamy Tomatoes & Sea Lavender
- Cooking pan
- Baking pan
- 170 gram Pasta or vegan pasta
- 200 gram Sea Lavender
- 1 Onion
- 1 glove Garlic
- 4 tbsp Tomato Puree
- 200 ml Cream or vegan cream
- 250 gram Cherry Tomatoes
- 200 gram Shrimps optional
- Bring a cooking pan with salted water to the boil.
- Cut the onion is small pieces and the garlic in slices.
- Once salted water is cooking, add the pasta. Cook following the instructions on the package.
- Bake the onion and garlic on a medium heat till soft.
- Add the cherry tomatoes and sea lavender, and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Then add the tomato puree, the cream and the shrimps. Bring to the boil and let it cook until sauce is nicely mixed and shrimps are cooked.
- When pasta is ready, add the cooked pasta and a little bit of cooking water to the sauce. Mix and serve!