Semolina Porridge & Bitter Cookies
- Cooking pan
- 200 ml Milk plant-based or local fresh
- 3 tbsp Semolina
- 1 tbsp Ginger Syrup
- 1 tsp Bitter Almond Extract
- 2 Egg Whites or for vegan; use 50 ml aquafaba (chickpea liquid from the can)
- Drop of Lemon Juice
- 170 gram Grounded Almonds
- 130 gram Powdered Sugar
- Preheat the oven on 190 degrees Celsius or 374 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix the extract, almonds, sugar, egg whites, few drops of lemon juice till well combined.
- Use a piping bag to make round cookies, like making macarons.
- Bake the cookies for 9-12 minutes in the oven till brown and cooked.
- Bring the milk and semolina to the boil and let it cook for 3-4 minutes. Until the pudding has your favorite consistency. If you are like pudding above porridge, you can add some extra semolina to the milk.
- Place the cooked semolina in a glass. When ready to serve top with ginger syrup and the broken bitter cookies!