When you are visiting a birthday in the Netherlands, you will most of the time find these Deviled Eggs on the snack platter. I got inspired by the Southern Art Restaurant in Atlanta (Georgia, USA), who are serving pink deviled eggs. I love the surprising effect!
Beet Deviled Eggs
- Cooking pan
- 6 Eggs
- 300 ml Beet Juice
- 1,5 tbsp Mayonaise
- 1 tsp Curry Marsala
- Chervil or Parsley
- Cook the eggs for about 10 minutes.
- Take off the shell, and let the eggs marinate in the beet juice for an hour. After 30 minutes, turn the eggs to make sure the eggs are completely covered with the juice.
- Cut them in half (horizontally) and take out the egg yolks.
- Use a fork to crush the egg yolks in small pieces.
- Add and mix the egg yolks with mayonaise, salt & pepper, curry powder & herbs.
- Use a spoon or piping bag to get the egg yolks back in the egg whites.