These pancakes are packed with protein and fibre; but more important it looks and tastes great. Nothing better than crispy bacon, sweet & sticky syrup & pancakes.
- Baking pan
- 150 gram Oat Bran
- 3 Eggs
- 5 Dates
- 140 gram Flour
- 1 tsp Vanille extract
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- Powdered Sugar
- Syrup like Dutch 'Stroop'
- 12 Dried Prunes [optional]
- 100 gram Blackberries [optional]
- 1 tsp Cinnamon [optional]
- 1 Lemon [optional]
- Soak the bran & dates in 300 ml of hot water and leave for about 10 minutes.
- [Optional] Make a prune/blackberry puree for in between the pancakes!Cook the prunes in 150 ml water for 5 minutes. Then blend the prunes, cooking water, blackberries, pinch of cinnamon & juice of 1 lemon. (If you like you can use some lemon zest in the pancakes!). Taste the puree, and add syrup if you feel like the sauce need some.
- For the pancakes; blend the oat bran, dates, soaking water, 3 eggs, the flour, vanille extract and some sugar till smooth.
- Place a pan on medium heat and add 1 tbsp of sunflower oil. Bake the bacon till crispy.
- Heat up another baking pan for the pancakes and add some sunflower oil. When pan the hot; Use a measure of 1 soupspoon per pancake, and make small pancakes in your pan. If you like all pancakes to have the same shape, you can use a cooking ring. Just make sure you take off the ring directly if the pancake is shaped (after 1 minute).
- When a pancake is ready, spread the prune puree on top of it, and top off with another pancake. Continue until you're out of batter.
- Love & Share!