Preparing clams, or other seafoods, is very easy. However, since most people don’t cook seafoods everyday, sometimes it is unclear how to prepare it. Nevertheless, if you make sure you have fresh and high quality clams it is just a matter of cooking them until the shells open. Serve the dish with rice, noodles or toasted bread!
Clams, Sambal & Lemon
- Baking pan
- 1 kg Clams
- 1 tbsp Sambal or Harissa or Sriracha
- 100 ml White wine
- 100 ml Cream
- Lemon Juice
- [30 minutes before eating] Check the clams. The one which are broken, need to be thrown away. After checking, add the clams to cold salted water. In this way the clams will spit out the salt.
Time for some magic
- Heat a deep baking pan or wok pan on a high heat.
- Add the tablespoon sambal (or another chili paste) and bake for 3 minutes.
- Add the wine and cream, and bring the mixture to a boiling point.
- In the meanwhile, drain the clams. Make sure to do this carefully, so the shells don't break.
- Add the clams to the chili cream, and cover all clams with sauce.
- Place a lid on top of the pan. Let the clams cook for 4-5 minutes.
- If you notice any clams that didn't open, throw them away.
- Serve with chopped parsley and lemon parts.