This creamy custard with vanilla taste is a real dutch tradition!
- Cooking pan
- 4 Egg yolks
- 20 gram Cornstarch
- 750 ml Milk
- 100 gram Sugar
- ½ Vanilla bean (or use extract or vanilla sugar)
- Whisk the 2 eggs, the cornstarch and a few tablespoons of the milk until well combined.
- Heat up the rest of the milk, sugar and vanilla. Make sure the sugar dissolves into the mixture.
- Once warm, add 2 big spoons of the warmed milk mixture to the cold egg mixture and whisk well and fast.
- Once combined; pour everything in the cooking pan and keep whisking to make sure the mixture stays in movement and doesn't burn on the bottom of the pan.
- If the mixture is cooking, it needs to cook for another 4 minutes. So unfortunately no time to relax, make sure you keep whisking at all times.
- When you had you're workout, pour the warm mixture through a fine sieve into a cold bowl. Cover the custard with some plastic foil and let the mixture get completely cold in the refrigerator.
- Serve the custard with some seasonal fruits after the main dish. It doesn't get more Dutch than this..